Articles and Chapters
- “Postures of Social Engagement: Reflections on Christianity After Rwanda’s Genocide.” With Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove. The Review of Faith & International Affairs 8:1 (2010): 71-5.
- “A Tale of Many Stories.” In Shaping a Global Theological Mind. Ed. Darren C. Marks (Ashgate, 2008): pp. 89-94.
- “Eschatology (within an African Perspective).” Global Dictionary of Theology, ed. William A. Dyrness et. al. (IVP Academic, 2008), 277-285.
- “AIDS, Africa, and the ‘Age of Miraculous Medicine’: Naming the Silences.” Applied Ethics in a World Church, ed. Linda Hogan (Orbis, 2008): 137-146.
- “AIDS in African, the Church, and the Politics of Interruption.” Heil und Befreiung in Afrika. Missionswissenschaft und Dialog der Religionen vol. 3., ed. Francis X. D’Sa and Jürgen Lohmayer (Echter, 2007): 167-183.
- “Africa.” The Blackwell Companion to Catholicism, ed. James L. Buckley, Frederick Bauerschmidt, and Trent Pomplum (Ocford, 2007), 127-142.
- “An Age of Miraculous Medicines,” in AIDS in Africa: Theological Reflections, ed. Benezet Bujo & Michael Czerny (Nairobi: Paulines, 2007), 104-119.
- “Violence and Social Imagination: Rethinking Theology and Politics in Africa.” Religion and Theology 12/2 (2005): 145-171.
- “Mission and Social Formation: On Dealing with King Leopold’s Ghost in Africa.” African Theology Today, ed. Emmanuel Katongole (Scranton University Press, 2002), 121-146.
- “Globalization and Economic Fundamentalism in Africa: On Why the Market Cannot Save Us.” The Cries of the Poor: Questions and Responses for African Christianity, ed. Peter Kanyandago (Kisubi: Marianum Publishing Press, 2002), 57-78.
- “Prospects of Ecclesia in Africa in the 21st Century.” Logos 4/1 (2001): 179-196.
- “African Renaissance and Narrative Theology in Africa: Which Story? Whose Renaissance? Journal of Theology for Southern Africa 102 (1998): 29-40.
- “Ethics in the Workplace and the Power of Culture: Is Ubuntu a Blessing or a Curse? Praxis: Journal for Christian Business Management. 6/3 (1998): 2-5.
- “Theological Perspectives on Poverty.” The Challenge of Eradicating Poverty in the World: An African Response, ed. Carbine Dierdre & M. O’Reilly (Nkozi: Uganda Martyrs University Press, 1998), 63-74.
- “The Evangelization of Slaves and Catholic Origins in East Africa,” by Paul V. Kollman. Africa Studies Review 49/3 (2006): 170-1.
- “The Gospel Beyond the West? A Review of Lamin Sanneh’s ‘Whose Religion is Christianity: The Gospel Beyond the West.’ Pro Ecclesia 15/1 (2006): 140-5.